Skip To Content

Find a Medicaid Provider

Crisis Resources

24 Hour Utah Crisis Line:
TTY 711 

Assists individuals who may be experiencing a crisis to access support and services as quickly as possible. Serves all of Salt Lake County 24 hours a day 365 days a year.

(Mobile Crisis Outreach Team)

Teams assist and support individuals dealing with a mental health crisis by going to the individual wherever they are in Salt Lake County. Accessed through the Crisis Line.

Utah Warm Line:
1-833-SPEAKUT or

Phone line open 365 days a year from 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM. Provides a friendly and understanding person for those who need someone to talk to and enables individuals with a mental health challenge to talk to a peer about issues they are facing in their lives.

Optum Salt Lake County Medicaid Behavioral Health

Information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) changes daily. Optum SLCo is working with Salt Lake County Department of Behavioral Health Services to make sure we have the latest information for you.

Your health and safety is important to Optum. If you have a fever or cough, call your doctor to find out if you should be tested for coronavirus. Stay home if you are sick. Stay away from sick people and crowds, and cover your cough and sneeze with your elbow or a tissue.

If you are currently working with a behavioral health provider contact them to discuss your options for treatment and alternate ways to have appointments.

Your health and safety is a top priority for Optum SLCo. In order to continue to offer care during the COVID-19 outbreak, your provider may offer services by Telehealth. If your provider does not offer Telehealth or you cannot receive Telehealth Services you may receive treatment by phone until further notice.

You may also call Optum SLCo at 1-877-370-8953, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM;TDD/TTY: 711

If you are experiencing anxiety or stress related to COVID-19, the Warm Line is available at 1-801-587-1055, 7 days a week, 9:00 AM-10:00 PM; TDD/TTY: 711

If you are experiencing a crisis related to COVID-19, the Crisis Line is available at 1-801-587-3000, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

For more information about COVID-19 visit the following sites:

Salt Lake County Department of Behavioral Health Services COVID-19

The Center for Disease Control’s Coronavirus


 Medicaid Member

Every child, youth, adult and elder has the right to live in their community with dignity and hope.

Mental health recovery is a journey of healing and transformation enabling a person with a mental health problem to live a meaningful life in a community of his or her choice while striving to achieve his or her full potential.

Each of us looks to the community for a wide range of supports - education, housing, and mental health, employment, safety and security, and more. As the Administrator for Salt Lake County Medicaid Behavioral Health funds, Optum Salt Lake County will look to community stakeholders for guidance, input, and participation in the ongoing development of effective systems of care.

We offer a wide range of useful, readable information to help you live life to the fullest. Get the facts and useful advice.


According to Utah State law, you have the right to make decisions about your medical care with an advance directive. An advance health care directive is a form that explains what you want to happen if you have health problems that cause you not to be able to tell doctors or other people what kind of care you want. A psychiatric advance directive is for mental health care in particular. It describes your choices for future mental health treatment and allows you to choose a trusted person to help with those decisions if needed. It gives you control over your treatment by letting you decide which treatments you do or do not want in the future, in case you are not able to communicate well and with good judgment.

You can go to the National Resource Center for Utahopens in a new window to get information about the Utah law for advance directives (Utah Code, Title 75, Chapter 2a). This website also has a form you can use if you want to make your own psychiatric advance directive.


We are a mental health, substance use, and recovery resource for residents of Salt Lake County. Benefits available to Optum Salt Lake County members include:

  • Comprehensive Diagnostic Assessment: A written summary of your medical and behavioral health care history that you report to a behavioral health care professional.
  • Individualized Treatment Plan: A written plan created with you and your behavioral health team. The plan describes your behavioral health wellness goals and the steps you want to take to achieve your goals.
  • Individual Psychotherapy: You can talk with a behavioral health care professional about emotional issues you may be having and learn coping skills to help you manage them.
  • Family Psychotherapy: Your family can talk with a behavioral health care professional about emotional problems you and your family may be having and learn coping skills to help you and your family manage them.
  • Community Crisis Intervention: A behavioral health professional will talk with you and help you use coping skills if you are having a crisis.
  • Group Psychotherapy: A group of people with similar emotional issues meet to talk with a behavioral health care professional. The group members share experiences and practice coping skills to learn how to manage issues as independently as possible.
  • Medication Management: A doctor or nurse meets with you to discuss the medicines you are taking and order new prescriptions you might need.
  • Psychological/Neuropsychological Testing: Written, visual or verbal tests that are given by a psychologist to measure your thinking and emotional abilities.
  • Case Management: A service provided by a behavioral health care professional to help you learn to coordinate and access your medical, mental health and community-living needs.
  • Psycho Social Rehabilitative Services: Services provided to you by a behavioral health professional in your home or community to help you learn and practice the skills you need to support your overall wellness and independent living abilities.
  • Skills Training and Development: Services provided by a behavioral health care professional to teach you skills to support your recovery and reach your goals.
  • Peer Support Specialist Services: A service provided by a person (who received behavioral health services themselves) to help you learn to manage difficulties in your life.

View or Share Your Personal Health Information

We are here to help you find and access services and providers. We are also here to help you understand your benefits and rights as a program member. You can see your personal health information using a smartphone app on a desktop, laptop or tablet computer.

The Optum member portal lets you choose which apps can show your information and lets you bring your information from your old plan to Optum. To view available apps or share your personal health information, click  View or Share My Personal Health Information. (You will be required to create a free One Healthcare ID account)

How can I see my personal health information?  

You can see your personal health information at any time. You can use an app on a smartphone or a desktop, laptop or other computer. The Optum member portal lets you choose which apps can show your information to only you.

What information is available?

You can look up your personal health information, such as claims, eligibility and authorizations. Not all apps will give the same types of information.

How can I sign up? 

Click the link  View or Share My Personal Health Information (You will be required to create a free One Healthcare ID account.)

You will be asked to create an ID. To see your personal health information, you will be asked to agree to share your information with the third-party app company you choose.

Do I have to use this? 

No, you do not. You can choose to view your personal health information by sharing it with the app.  You can also choose not to share your information.

What if I am using an app and want to opt-out of sharing my data later? 

You have the right to stop sharing your personal health information at any time. You can do this by withdrawing your permission within the Optum portal on the dashboard.

Does Optum own a personal health information app?

No, Optum does not own an app and does not endorse any specific third-party personal health information sharing apps. Optum created a web portal.  This portal works with third-party apps to show your personal health information to you with your permission.

Can my Personal Representative help me share my information?

Yes. You have chosen a personal representative. Your representative can see your health data. Your representative may only act on your behalf. They can approve each application. They can remove each application. Each approved application can get your health data. You may change a representative at any time. You may remove a representative at any time. Your representative can help you share your information.

external link will open in a new window This symbol indicates that a new window will open and that you are leaving our website. The website links are for informational purposes only.