24 Hour Utah Crisis Line:
Assists individuals who may be experiencing a crisis to access support and services as quickly as possible. Serves all of Salt Lake County 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
(Mobile Crisis Outreach Team)
Teams assist and support individuals dealing with a mental health crisis by going to the individual wherever they are in Salt Lake County. Accessed through the Crisis Line.
Utah Warm Line:
Phone line open 365 days a year from 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM. Provides a friendly and understanding person for those who need someone to talk to and enables individuals with a mental health challenge to talk to a peer about issues they are facing in their lives.
For Network Providers
As the administrator of the Medicaid Behavioral Health funds for Salt Lake County Division of Behavioral Health, Optum SLCo works to partner with providers to provide a continuum of services for Medicaid Members.
The information we offer on this site will support providers in assisting clients and their families.
Frequently used reference materials and links include Provider Training information, client forms, manuals, and other important resources are found here, below:
Join the network—FORMS application
Update your provider information at
Alerts and announcements
- FY 2022 OP QAPI Bulletin
- FY 2022 IP QAPI Bulletin
- Provider resource guide - Cultural considerations
- Provider resource guide - Mandatory reporting
- Provider resource guide - Member eligibility
- Provider resource guide - Smoking cessation/nicotine resources
- Provider resource guide - SUD Treatment providers
- Provider resource guide - Supportive resources for members
- Provider resource guide - Tips for substance use screening
Manuals, guidelines, and policies
"Please be reminded that it is your responsibility to validate if a consumer is Medicaid eligible through the Utah State Medicaid Office. The eligibility "look up" feature through ProviderConnect is not currently available to validate eligibility. We hope to have the connection made in the near future."
Authorized users of ProviderConnect can access their site for additional information.
- Provider Notice of Adverse Benefit Determination
- NABD Appeal Request Form
- NABD Instructions for Filing an Appeal
- Member Acknowledgement Form – English
- Member Acknowledgement Form – Spanish
- SLCo_Member_Rights_Poster - English
- SLCo_Member_Rights_Poster - Spanish
- UT Scale for Children/Adolescents with SED Form
- UT Scale on SMI including SUD Form
Provider training information
Optum is pleased to work with our network to provide training opportunities. Please be sure to take note of registration requirements. Most registrations will close the week prior to the offered training to allow for proper planning of webinar resources as well as provide participants with necessary information to join the sessions.
To register for trainings, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Companion Guide 837I Institutional
- Companion Guide 837P Professional
- Job Aid: ProviderConnect User Guide
- MHER Provider Training
- Program Integrity Exclusions Search
- Provider orientation - 8.2022
- Discharge Planning
- Fraud, Waste and Abuse
- Trauma Informed Person-Centered
- Suicide Prevention State Plan | SUMH (utah.gov)
OptumHealth Education is a national eLearning portal that is targeted towards medical professionals (MD, PhD, R.N., P.A.) and offers CME and CEU based courses in behavioral health and related learning areas. Network providers can register for a free account at OptumHealth Education website.
This symbol indicates that a new window will open and that you are leaving our website. The website links are for informational purposes only.
Information about COVID-19 changes daily. Please visit the following sites for additional information:
Salt Lake County Department of Behavioral Health Services COVID-19